To speak to a surveyor, please call: 01392 495604

Expert Witness And Disputes

Posted on September 8, 2015 by Forde George

The RICS provides advice on dispute resolution, including arbitration and Chartered Building Surveyors acting as Expert Witness. The Directors of Forde George are often instructed to act as an Expert Witness, increasingly at an early stage in the life of a dispute.

The RICS protocols for Expert Witnesses and the Civil Procedure Rules set out protocols and requirements for the Expert and for those instructing: the Expert being appointed on behalf of the Courts, providing impartial advice to the Court rather than to either party within the dispute. This is often a matter misconstrued by the instructing parties.

In such circumstances, Forde George emphasize the importance of establishing whether there is a need for an advocate report, acting for the appointing party or whether indeed Court action will result, in which case ideally making an application to Court for an Expert Witness to be appointed. An inappropriately worded, premature report could compromise the appointing party if the appropriate legislative guidance is not observed.

Posted in Regulations & Laws | Comments Off on Expert Witness And Disputes |

Comments are closed.

Developers and Investors

Condition Surveys Derelict Barn Complex Tonedale Mill Dilapidation Survey Party Wall Matters Planned Maintenance Programs

Specialist advice for those owning or purchasing property.

Find Out More »

Commercial Occupiers

Condition Surveys Condition Surveys Shedules of Dilapidations Fire Reinstatement Defect Analysis

Specialist advice for Commercial Occupiers.

Find Out More »

Residential Services

Pre-acquisition Condition Surveys Refurbishment and Design Contract Administration Reinstatement Valuation New Build and Design

Specialist advice for Residential Services.

Find Out More »

Historic Buildings & Estates

Condition Survey Conservation Services On-going Conservation Commissions Planned Maintenance and Conservation Advice

Specialist advice for those owning or purchasing Historic Buildings or Estates.

Find Out More »